Monday, February 2, 2015

Blog Post #3

  Peer editing is a pretty important tool because it gets the opinions of people the writer's own age, and may give advice on something the writer may have missed. The best way to approach peer editing is to do it with a positive outlook. It is best to be encouraging, the main point is to help improve a person paper, not make it your own. The first thing I would do in peer editing my classmates blogs, is to point out all the stuff I like and what they did well in the blog. Secondly, I would give suggestions on what I may would change or a different word choice on some things. Lastly, I would point out, if any, corrections. Corrections such as grammar, punctuation, or misspellings.
   I believe the importance of peer editing is helping a fellow classmate improve their paper or vice versa. Sometimes it takes a double look to find mistakes the writer made themselves. Another important thing is complimenting the writer, it could make a person's day by hearing that their topic was interesting or a great read. I found the resources to be very helpful, especially the first video "what is peer editing?". The children's video was very funny but also made a great point to show what to do and not to do.

2 comments:

  1. Each blog post assignment is required to have working links to your sources, as outlined in Writing A Quality Blog Post. Each post is also required to have at least one picture with alt and title modifiers. Please fix this.

    Also, please remember to proof read your posts before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading your blog post. Amazing job by answering the why is peer editing important. Also, remember to always double check with proofreading. I can relate to you, I always look over it and think it sounds good until I actually go back and read the blog post when it was published.

    ReplyDelete