Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post

  My name is Nancy June Marie Gonzales Jenkins, I have indecisive parents. I go by Marie though. I have one daughter, her name is Meah (pronounced like Mia) and she is five years old. I am from and live in Mobile, Al. I will be twenty five years old this coming March, so I waited a few years to start college. Currently I am a Junior, I was initially a Criminal Justice major but changed majors last semester.
   I have two jobs, I work full time in the pharmacy at Walgreens, and work part to full time at a local restaurant. So time management is extremely important to me for anything to work. My daughter and I just moved into a new house with my boyfriend of a year and a half, so we both are making new adjustments in our life.
   I chose to become an educator because I enjoy and want to help people learn. I want to give opportunities to people that are not necessarily easy to achieve without the help of others. I want to learn things from people by being in a diverse group, of how children are all brought up differently. I am a psychology minor, so I love to observe people and their interactions.
   I believe, what an educator's role in the 21st century is to lead by example and to always be one step ahead but to also gain knowledge from their students.
   My passion is making sure my daughter gets the life she deserves. So if that requires me working two jobs, barely getting any sleep and still having time to read her a bed time story every night, then that's what I'm going to do. These two are my heart and soul and the reason I do everything I do.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Marie,
    Sounds like you have busy/fun life, I can completely understand. Seems that you are very ambitious and want the best in life, continue to go for it. Hustle hard, nothing in life comes too easy. Marie, your blog is very well spoken; however the only thing I see that could use a little more reviewing is punctuation. Wishing you all the success you desire-Whitney

    ReplyDelete