Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Blog Post #1

I have heard several things about EDM310, some good, some bad. The main thing that concerned me was all of the assignments only being for Mac computers. I have or had a toshiba... Well now I have a Mac because I was afraid of failing by not having a computer that did not work with everything. Although I do love the computer, it was quite an expensive investment. I think the difference between EDM310 and other classes I've taken at South is the amount of time I have to devote to the class. I have not found a comparison yet. The most difficult thing, I think, will be the extra time for the assignments to do outside of class. The best way I think to address this would be to manage my time like crazy. The only questions I have left for the class is how helpful is it to attend class on days that are not mandatory, or if there is even class on those days or is it just lab time?

2 comments:

  1. I don't have a Mac computer either, but I can't afford to buy one right now. I am sure your other computer would have been fine, but people say the Mac computers work so much better.
    Just manage your time and like Dr. Lomax and Dr. Strange said today " don't wait to the last minute to do assignments." I start at the beginning of the week and do a little bit each day, that way it is not so overwhelming. I also use a planner and map out my assignments, which helps a lot.
    The days we don't have class it is not mandatory to go to the lab, but Dr. Lomax ,Dr. Strange, and the lab assistants says it is suppose to help a lot especially if you are having trouble. I know that my group is going to try to meet during those times to work on our group assignments.
    Good luck to you this semester, I wish you the best.
    Janelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! Do you know where or how to make a hover link appear when posting pictures?

    ReplyDelete